Visa and eTA

You will need to have appropriate travel documents if you are coming to Canada.  The official requirements can vary in time, please consult the Government of Canada’s web site. We can provide you with a letter of invitation: as you register, please check the appropriate box and fill in the required information. Once payment has been received a letter will be mailed or emailed to you.

If you are not sure if you require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor Visa, please click here. Choose your country to find out what you require to travel to Canada.

Note that a new entry requirement is now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals need an eTA to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents need not apply for an eTA.

Invitation Letters

The ACA 2019 organizing committee wish to support international attendees in their efforts to secure the needed travel documentation. However, in order to receive a letter of invitation, the organizers must be assured that you intend to attend the conference if your travel request is granted.  Individuals that require an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa and authorization to attend the meeting must register for the congress and request a letter of invitation during their registration process.

The letter of invitation does not financially obligate the organizers in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the conference are the sole responsibility of the attendee. Please note that we cannot guarantee that you will receive a visa. The decision to grant visas is at the sole discretion of the Canadian embassy or consulate. The conference organizers cannot change the decision of the governmental agency should your application be denied.

Advance travel planning and early visa application are important. It is recommended that you apply early for your visa.